Having erection trouble from time to time isn’t necessarily a cause for concern, however, if your erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue, it can cause stress, anxiety, affect your self-confidence and contribute to relationship problems. Focused Shockwave Therapy ESWT is a safe and clinically proven treatment for Erectile Dysfunction. Shockwave Therapy for ED can treat almost all cases, with a success rate of over 75%.
Over 66% of men living in the UK have experienced erectile dysfunction
How do erections work?
When aroused the brain sends chemical messages to the blood vessels in the penis. The arteries relax and open up to let more blood flow in; at the same time, the veins close up. Once blood is in the penis, pressure traps it within the corpora cavernosa (erectile tissue forming the bulk of the penis), the penis expands and holds the erection.
When a man climaxes, a second signal is sent to the penis and causes the muscular tissues in the penis to contract, the veins open and the trapped blood is released back into the body, the penis becomes soft again.
An Introduction to Treating Erectile Dysfunction with Shockwave Therapy
We’ve produced this short video to explain shockwave therapy can be used to effectively treat the common root causes of erectile dysfunction.
What causes erectile dysfunction?
There are many factors that will affect the blood flow & the quality of the blood vessels in the penis sometimes a patient may have multiple factors. ED can result from medical problems, medication, emotional factors, or a combination of these.
Some known causes and risk factors or ED are:
- Being over a certain age (although it can happen at any age)
- Having high blood pressure
- Having cardiovascular disease or high cholesterol
- Smoking, recreational drugs or drinking too much
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical exercise
- Having Diabetes
Even though ED becomes more common as men age, growing old doesn’t necessarily always cause ED. Some men stay sexually functional well into their 80s. ED can be an early sign of a more serious health condition. Finding and treating the reason for ED is vital.
- Not enough blood flows into the penis – there can be many reasons for this such as hardened arteries, heart disease, high blood sugar, plaque build-up and smoking.
- The penis cannot trap the blood during an erection – If blood is not held in the penis, a man cannot keep an erection.
- Nerve signals from the brain or spinal cord do not reach the penis. Certain diseases, injury or surgery in the pelvic area can harm nerves to the penis.
- Cancer treatments near the pelvis can affect the penis’ functionality
Surgery and or radiation for cancers in the lower abdomen or pelvis can cause ED. Treating prostate, colon-rectal or bladder cancer often leaves men with ED.
- Drugs used to treat other health problems can negatively impact erections (Patients should talk about drug side effects with their GP).
Treatments for erectile dysfunction?
Shockwave therapy is a clinically proven, non-invasive therapy, specifically developed for men seeking erectile dysfunction treatment that would improve erections and sexual performance.
The waves generated by focused shockwave therapy improve blood flow to the penis by dissolving plaque build-up, stimulating the growth of new blood vessels and activating stem cells and growth factors. This results in stronger, harder, longer-lasting erections and an overall rejuvenation of the penis soft tissues. Shockwave treats the cause of ED and not just the symptoms.
With this new innovative ED treatment, there are no expensive medications to take, hours in advance of sexual intercourse, no invasive injections or surgery and no harmful side effects. Not only will your health benefit but so will your relationships and sexual spontaneity.
Shockwave Therapy is effective and safe for patients who cannot take oral medications, such as those with heart disease, diabetes, or high blood pressure.
Results are not guaranteed and may vary from individual to individual.